Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jumping ahead to day one of the seminar

All the preparation ended and execution began. It actually worked out quite well from my point of view. As with any project your plan and plan to make sure everything is in place but there is always uncertainty. How will it go? Will I be able to execute my plan, or will there be unforeseen events that will derail everything? Often things do pop up you did not plan for, so flexibility is a necessity. In Holland during my undergraduate degree we were required to create two lesson plans whenever we planned an outdoor activity, because the likelyhood of getting rained out was always present. So plan with contingencies in mind.

For example, I have invited four people for your panel on the first day of class. Only Judith and Cecilia were there. I have not heard from the other two people and assume they are ok. Hopefully nothing bad happened. Despite their absence, I think we had a good session. Regrettably, you did not get to hear the thoughts of the other panelists.

I was "psyched" to use an outdated term. I thought you all brought great energy to the seminar and contributed many good ideas. You show commitment to teaching and learning by registering for this experience and I appreciate that.

I will now go home and read your evaluations, process them, and decide what I could do different the next time we do this.

See you tomorrow.
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment